Robert L. Goodman — Executive Profile
Talent & Capabilities
- Highly Creative MBA with High Tech, Internet, Real Estate & Executive Management Expertise.
- Very unique combination of credentials, expertise, talent and capabilities that include nearly 25 years of diversified experience with all aspects of creating and managing startup, entrepreneurial and fast growing businesses.
Established Ceo Resource (www.CeoResource.com) to offer Virtual Chief Operating Officer Services and ImpleMentor Advisory Services for business owners, venture capitalists, investors, boards, entrepreneurs and CEOs. Consulting is specifically focused on business plans, tactical & strategic planning, fund raising, implementation & management consulting exclusively focused on cost-effectively helping start-up organizations, emerging companies, entrepreneurial ventures, non-profits and new business formations slay the dragons that block the path to their success. To date, Ceo Resource has already helped well over 2,000 diverse companies in 49 of the 50 states and in nearly four dozen countries on six of the seven continents with their business planning, fundraising and plan implementation.
Experienced founder, sponsor, general partner and fiduciary of nearly four dozen ventures and partnerships with a total investment of more than $25 million from clients, partners and venture capitalists.
Experience of Robert Goodman
Goodman Group, Inc., and affiliated companies
1978 – Present
Dallas & Austin, Texas, Clearwater Beach, Florida, Washington D.C.
- Founder, Owner and CEO of multiple companies and partnerships under the corporate umbrella of Goodman Group, Inc. Businesses range from Internet e-business, computer software, business advisory services, real estate investment, private placement syndication, direct participation securities, property management, commercial real estate brokerage and distressed loan acquisition and collections.
- Ceo Resource (www.CeoResource.com) established to offer Virtual Chief Operating Officer Services and ImpleMentor Advisory Services for business owners, venture capitalists, investors, boards, entrepreneurs and CEOs.
- Over 15 years of direct real estate investment experience including all aspects of reviewing, analyzing, negotiating, syndicating, buying, managing, refinancing and selling over $100 million of multi-family and commercial real estate. Built the real estate division of the company into one of the ten largest self-storage operations in the nation with over 41,000 units and owned real estate exceeding $60 million in valuation.
- Built software company, from personally designing and writing the first commercial application program, to having more than 50 employees and over a dozen products on the shelves of more than 5,000 retail outlets, nationwide. The software company was spun off as a result of a venture capital infusion in 1988.
- Grew all parts of combined organizations from multiple concepts to more than 500 full time employees with over 1,200 investors.
- Founder, CEO and Chairman of Goodman Group, Inc., a 36 year-old company specializing in diversified investments, advisory services and management consulting. 1978 – Present.
- Areas of investment for Goodman Group have included commercial real estate purchase, management and brokerage of apartments, office buildings, office-warehouse and self-storage facilities. Other areas of investment have included debt-instrument investment and collection; high technology; and securities and syndication — with special emphasis and experience with start up organizations.
- Areas of focus for the Management Consulting Division include business planning & implementation; business plan packaging; venture capital and private placement funding; senior level analysis and problem solving; computer systems solution; real estate analysis and evaluation; investment analysis and due diligence — with special emphasis on dragon slaying.
- Founder, past CEO and Chairman of Good Software Corp., a publicly held company, that specialized in personal computer software for business applications, distributing its products through thousands of dealers nationwide. Mr. Goodman’s background in computer programming, systems project management and international computer system sales were gained from a variety of positions held at NASA, Oak Ridge National Laboratories and Rockwell International. Mr. Goodman personally developed Good Software’s first commercially available product, Investor III for Real Estate Investment Analysis, which provided the economic and organizational foundation for the Company. 1982 – 1997.
- Founder, CEO and Chairman of Good Financial Corp., specializing in the analysis, investment, purchase and collection of loans acquired from the FICA, RTC, banks, savings & loans and other lenders. 1990 – Present.
- Founder, CEO and Chairman of Goodman Securities, Inc., a direct participation broker-dealer and member of the National Association of Securities Dealers, Inc. (NASD) and the Securities Investor Protection Corp. 1982 – 1989.
- Founder, CEO and Chairman of Good Asset Management, Inc., which provided real estate investment, property management and brokerage of income properties for lenders, government agencies, partnerships, individual and institutional investors including the management and operation of more than 4 Million square feet and nearly 45,000 units of commercial and residential properties.1980 – 1994.
- Other experience prior to starting Goodman Group, Inc. include:
- Rockwell International. Manager, in charge of designing and developing hardware and software for worldwide message switching systems for government and commercial applications. International Sales Manager, Computer Systems Division, with substantial international travel and an overseas assignment in Paris. 1973 – 1977.
- Oak Ridge National Labs. Physicist, Systems Analyst, designing and implementing a computer network for data collection for fusion research and experimentation. 1971 – 1973.
- NASA, Marshall Space Flight Center. Physicist, rocket scientist, performing research in superconductivity. 1968 – 1970.
- Master of Business Administration degree, Presidential & Key Executive Program, Pepperdine University.
- Post graduate studies, Master of Science, Computer Science, University of Tennessee.
- Bachelor of Science degree, Engineering Physics, University of Tennessee.